Friday, April 2, 2010

whew.




Read
this.

I'll wait... Don't hurry. Stop and read it, slowly, carefully, thoughtfully. Let it really sink it.

Whew. Convicting. At least for me.

I know I'm a skunk. When I get stressed I get UGLY. Seriously. It's not a pretty thing. I get mad at people way too easily, and the littlest things will bring me over the edge. I will twist comments, or pick out the one statement that I don't like and pick a fight with it. It's been pointed out. I don't do it intentionally, but I do it. Maybe it's because the negative things stick out to me the most and it's a defense mechanism, I don't know. But I want to fix it.

I want to be sweet, fragrant, like a rose. I want my natural instincts to be sweet and loving. I want that to be my character and my nature. I don't want to be a skunk, I need growth.

I'm going to try to be more positive, more loving, give people the benefit of the doubt more, have more patience. Then maybe, when that pressure is applied I will emit the lovely fragrance of a rose, rather than the foul odor of a skunk. We'll see...

1 comment:

  1. Right there with ya, girlfriend. Let's be roses together. :)

    ReplyDelete