Monday, September 27, 2010

Road Trip :)

Well this weekend was long, exhausting, wonderful, and full of love and happiness.

I was definitely stressed out on Friday, I was so excited to finally see Cody after our 12 days apart, I know... We're babies, but it's hard and it sucks to be away from each other for that long. Anyway, he got here right when I got off of work, so I looked and felt super tired, probably smelled like sweat, poop, and pee, and all I had eaten all day was a piece of string cheese... So that's what my breath smelled like, I know it's gross. I'm just bein real. So I went to the bank and deposited my awesomely fantastic paycheck for the week and then met my love at Starbucks. We were technically supposed to leave right when he got there but we both needed gas and I needed a shower... And I needed to pack... Me? Procrastinate? On packing?? No! :) well, to finish packing I had to finish my laundry too, luckily it was already in the dryer so it could finish while I was getting cleAn, and Cody got to nap.

So finally when we do get on the road 2 hours late for our 7 hr drive I still had not eaten and I was driving first cause I didnt ant to drive in the dark. I got all the way to haymarket before Cody made me stop and get food in my belly Because I was CRANKY! And he doesn't like being in the car while I drive because I drive like a grandma... So my love took over and drove the rest o the way himself, I did help by navigating better than the gps and staying awake with him.

We had an interesting encounter with a stereotypical old black man at a gas station "hey yAll a real pretty couple. Y'all real pretty. You need to marry that girl. That girl is gunna make you real happy" it's so much funnier to hear Cody tell it. But it made us laugh and helped us wake up our brains a little.

When we finally got to Charlotte at like 1:30 am we were soooo tired, Cody had been awake since like 4 and I had been since 5. We were excited to get some sleep.

Seeing tories was fun and Kaitlyn is so precious and adorable and sweet and not evil at all. Cody and I got to babysit in the morning while Tories bought some last minute suff for the party. It was a fun, great experience to share with him. Kaitlyn seemed a little apprehensive with Cody at first but she warmed right up and he was wonderful with her. He even changed a diaper :) he's so cute. And I didn't sleep so great that night so he watched her while I got reAdy and played with her while I supervised from my nice, comfortable laying down position. He's great. Really, truly the best. I'm the luckiest.

The party was fun, I got to eat a hot dog which was exciting and made me really happy and excited, its really the little things that make me haply and excited... Usually little things dealing with food. What can I say? :) any way... It was great to see tories and kaitlyn and Tories mom.

when we got back to my house Cody did homework while I made food and when he was done we watched the first half of the Colts game. 2-1, baby. I hate watching him go though. It's the worst :( and I hate leaving him when it's my turn. But we had a great weekend and I was so happy with how everything was. We make a really good team.

Oh and for the record, I got Kaitlyn a microphone that records your voice and plays some little kids songs (think the itsy bitsy spider, old McDonald... That stuff) and a card with monkeys on it that sings "taking care of business " when you open it :) she loved both.

No comments:

Post a Comment