Friday, October 8, 2010

These days

If you are one who has not heard, please please please pray for MACU. This past Sunday there was a fatal shooting in an argument between two students, being that it is such a small school it has affected everyone personally. Sone students had never known someone who died. There is serious hurt and brokenness there. And they need prayer for strength, forgiveness, hope, and healing. Please please when you think about this pray for all the students, staff, communities where the two involved were from, the two families, and anyone else who has been hurt and affected through this act. There are several news reports if you google it.

In the midst of this I've been able to spend time with my grandparents in my mom's side who I have not seen since my freshman year of high school. It's been nice. I also got to spend some time with my other grandparents, who even though we only live a couple miles away from each other I rarely see.

And my love is coming up today :) we're going to go to Cox's Farm and do a corn maze tomorrow and carve our pumpkins on Sunday after church maybe while watching the colts game :) I'm in the process of making him one of those big fleece "no sew" blankets, but I am sewing on his name and a few stars. Since he goes to Newport News so early to get parking for work and then sleeps in his car until it's time for him to actually go in I thought I'd make him a blanket so he could be warm. And I'm really excited about what I'm sure will end up being only one of the things I'm getting him for Christmas.

Kisses,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment