Wednesday, May 12, 2010

changes.

I haven't written in quite some time... probably because of the stresses of starting this new chapter in my life... of which I'm not quite sure yet.

I've moved home, and I won't be continuing my schooling at MACU this fall. Which is just sad. I will miss some people more than others, but I will especially miss Mrs. Avery. I've learned more than music form her this past academic year, she is a genuine, wonderful person and I already miss seeing her on Monday/Wednesday/Friday. I know she doesn't believe me when I say that I'l visit, but... I'm coming to see Chorale perform! I wouldn't miss it.

I'm not going back to MACU for a couple reasons, but none of which are that it is a bad school, it is a great school academically and socially. For me though, it felt like like I was the square peg trying to fit into the too small round hole. I just didn't fit. It's not a bad thing, it's just I tried too hard to make myself fit that I stopped being me for too long, it wasn't a good situation.

So I'm home, for the summer, for awhile. My PLAN is [and we all know how God likes to change my plans...] to go to Georgia next week with my family and think more about life and everything, and talk it over with some wise people who are pretty removed from the situation... but hopefully I'm going to be getting a nanny job or a daycare job by next fall and start working that. Also, I'm going to be taking over the jobs of our cleaning ladies for some extra cash as well. I think a nanny/daycare job would be great for me because of the nature of the work, I've missed being with kids this past year! Also, the hours are perfect for what I want for my life right now. They'd hopefully leave me with time to volunteer at church, with worship and with the youth group, and my weekends would generally be free so I'd be able to pick up some extra babysitting OR go visit Cody. Both are always nice :]

Speaking of Cody... we had a photo shoot with my mom last Saturday at Manassas Battlefield. Since we are going to be away form each other a lot coming up, all of the pictures we have now are kind of crappy, and my mom loves photography and is good at it, we... I... decided that we should take some together. They turned out great. My mom put some on her facebook, and I put some on mine. Some of them are probably repeats, but there are different ones on both pages I think. We like each other. And for the record, they are NOT engagement pictures. Note the disclaimer on my album. Refer back to my rant for my opinion on such matters.

Well, my laundry is screaming at me, so I guess I'll go flip it into the dryer and put another load in... who knew I had so many clothes?! That is a rhetorical question, just by the way...

3 comments:

  1. You can just be honest and say you hate me, and that's why you left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss you
    i will miss our crying sessions while watching sad videos

    ReplyDelete