Saturday, March 20, 2010

one day...

One day waaaaaaay in the future I want to be a mom. I want to be a stay at home mom, if it's financially possible, and do a bunch of volunteer work at church, in the community, and at my kids' school(s). I want to know the joys and trials of raising a child. I want to have fun moments like baking cookies, fishing at the lake, and spontaneous times of fun and goofing off. I want to help them grow into their own relationship with Jesus, one where they are strong in their faith and can lead others. I want to invest and invest and invest into them and pray that they have good morals and life views. I want to teach them about different religions, different world views and different lifestyles and hope they still learn the joy of having Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

I want to have dinner together every night. I want supper time to be a big deal. I want to be a close knit family. I want my children to always know it's God, their father, and then them. But I want them to know they are above anything else after that. I want to know the touch of my child, how soft the skin on their cheeks are when they first wake up. And how they smell right after a bath. And hear their first words.

Buuuuuuuuut, I can definitely wait. I am not trying to bring a living, breathing, mini me into the world anytime soon. I don't think the world could handle it. And I KNOW I couldn't. So I'll wait patiently, and think about the days when I won't just be "Stephanie" but I'll also be "Wife" and "Mommy." I want it to be a long way away, but it doesn't hurt to think of what could be within the next decade or so... I need something to look forward to :]

No comments:

Post a Comment