Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful | 11-20

My health. Although I get sinus infections and have problems with joints from my hips down, I do not have any serious health condition that threatens my life. I can go day to day and not be overly concerned with whether or not I will be around tomorrow due to a medical condition.

Clothing. The fact that I own clothing and shoes mean that I am far more blessed than other people throughout the world, and I have way more than enough to get me by day to day without worrying about it keeping me warm or safe enough. I am also very thankful that not only do I have a lot of shoes and clothes, but I like the ones I own. Most of them were picked out and bought by me, so I wear what I choose, not just what I have been given. For lack of better words/thoughts: I am not a beggar, I am a chooser. Add on to that the cute purses, scarves, jewelry, makeup that are not needs, only wants, to make myself look and feel pretty.

Scenery. The mountains of Northern Georgia, Lake Gaston, beaches in Mexico, and the cliffs in Greece, Volcanos in Hawaii and Rainforests that I have only seen beautiful pictures of. The fact that we live in such a beautiful and aesthetically pleasing world.

Memories. The fact that even though they are no longer on this earth I can remember times spent with my Mimaw and GG, and listen to others share their memories of them. That I can look back on fun times with my family, friends, and Cody, and smile.

History. As a people we have a past and we have so many ways of studying it and learning about people who lived before us and learning about how they lived, what they believed, advances they made, and we are able to hopefully learn from their mistakes and reflect on and expand on their successes. Personally, that I can learn from my own past, and handle similar situations better than I had when I previously experienced them.

Learning. At work I am able to see a human learn new things each day and become smarter and more well-rounded as a person. It is phenomenal. As I grow older each year I learn more and more. I love it.

Generosity. In others and in myself. I am thankful that there are people who give so much and expect so little or nothing in comparison. Also, for the joy I am able to receive as a result of giving.

Tradition. There as set aside days of each year specifically to embrace tradition. The holidays, 4th of July, Memorial and Labor Day Weekend. I love that in our calendar we are given days to have fun and embrace our family and friends.

Texting. So I can conveniently communicate with people throughout the day as wanted or as needed.

Pampering and Relaxation. Times where I can take a long, hot shower and scrub all the scratchy nastiness off my feet so they are smooth. Painting nails, but especially toenails. Getting a back or head rub. Sometimes it is very good and healthy to take some time for yourself. I am thankful I have opportunities to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment